Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can you use Prell shampoo to get vaseline out of my 2yr old's hair?

My daughter got into the vaseline and layered herself and the carpet in her room. I bought Prell shampoo and dawn dishwashing liquid but haven't gotten the nerve to use it on her hair. How do I get it out of the carpet?Can you use Prell shampoo to get vaseline out of my 2yr old's hair?
Personally, I'd use the Dawn. It's very safe and doesn't hurt the eyes much if you get in them. Just be prepared to do a lot of rinsing, because there's lots of suds.





I don't know what to do about the carpet. I'd try calling around to carpet cleaning services to see what they think.





Good Luck!! :-)Can you use Prell shampoo to get vaseline out of my 2yr old's hair?
I am a licensed cosmetologist and I would recommend using Perell shampoo. I would not recommend using dish soap because it is to harsh on the hair. Another think you could try is if you know anyone personally with a cosmetology licenses you could see if they could pick you up a pack-it of a product called MALIBU. How it works is it comes in a smalll package which is powder and you mix it with water and you apply it to the hair and let it sit for a good 15 mins. What it does from there is it releases all off the build up such as vasaline from the hair and it will wash out leaving her hair feeling normal again.





For the carpet on the other had I would recommend calling around to carpet places to see what they say? If you carpet is fairly new I would not try treating it if you do not want to ruin it.
When I got grease in my own hair, the dawn did not work. It was actually a conditioner. If you have any that will make her hair super silky, the warm water will help it slide off.


Be careful using dish soap on the carpet, the suds will be hard to get out and may attract more dirt.


Save the spot till you can find a dry cleaning powder solution.
diswashing soap works, but the vaseline will eventually wear out and your daughter will have a nicely hydrated scalp.





sometimes the treatment is worse then the waiting time. just brush her hair with a nice fine comb everyday.





for the carpet, dishsoap should work, if not then your guess is as good as mine
It would be safe for her hair, just do not get it in her eyes. I would the dawn on the carpet, it should get it out. GOOD LUCK!!!
Uhm, I think shampoo is ok to use on hair...try it out. Let us know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment