Saturday, December 19, 2009

Where can I find small empty bottles to put my own shampoo and such into for air travel?

I'll be flying next month to stay with some friends for a few days, and the TSA guidelines are really annoying. I don't want to buy travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, body wash and toothpaste, because I probably won't find my brands. Does anyone know if CVS or Wallgreens or someplace similar carries small (at most 3 ounces) empty cosmetic bottles that I could fill with my own products?Where can I find small empty bottles to put my own shampoo and such into for air travel?
If you want inexpensive bottles, CVS or other pharmacies always have them. And I'm guessing you won't want to spend the $ but if you think you'll travel more, you might want to check out http://www.pitotubes.com/products.asp?ca鈥?/a> Unlike those little screw-top bottles, which WILL leak all over the place no matter how much air space you leave or how tight you fasten them (be sure and put them in plastic bags so your clothes aren't wrecked), the pitot tubes use some little pressure idea to keep leaks from happening. I travel a lot and just bought some and they were far less messy and more convenient that the the 50 cent plastic screw tops. But they're pricey if you're only going on one airline trip.Where can I find small empty bottles to put my own shampoo and such into for air travel?
wal-mart or target in the travel aisle. they are about 50 cents a piece.
In order to get around the 3 ounces carry on rule. Don't put them in your carry on. You can pack a whole bottle of shampoo in your check in luggage. The 3 ounce rule only applies to carry on. I don't think you plan on washing your hair during the flight.
First, I'd either call or read the limitations of the airport/airline you're using to be sure that you can bring liquids (especially bottles that aren't packaged like unopened bottles of water) after that, you can purchase bottles at stores like wal mart or kmart. they should only be like 25 cents apiece. i've seen them in pretty much any size imaginable from like 2 ounces to 30 ounces. Good luck and have fun!
Just about anywhere...Walmart and/or Target. They are pretty cheap....like 50 cents each. But...don't forget tax!!
  • myspace commentes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment