Saturday, December 19, 2009

I have loads of small size shampoos and lotions from my travels. Where in San Francisco can I donate them?

I'm not in San Francisco, but I would think that any Salvation Army or Red Cross location would love to have them. Also, any shelter for the homeless. Check your local phone directory.I have loads of small size shampoos and lotions from my travels. Where in San Francisco can I donate them?
Fresh Start in Walnut Creek can use them. They help homeless people with a number of things, including showers, clean clothes, etc.I have loads of small size shampoos and lotions from my travels. Where in San Francisco can I donate them?
Take them to a Women's and Children's Shelter. Ask your local police department for a shelter.
any airline security checkpoint... haha
I dontate to these:





Family Resouce Centers


Shelters, missions


Women Shelters and Centers





Many of these welcome the small toiletries. Each time a new person comes in they need fresh supplies. They give them what they need for the day or week.





Look in your directory and call first. Most accept ongoing.
I would take them to any of the shelters. Also, check with local churches to see if any of them are planning any mission trips soon.
Any battered women's shelter, homeless shelter or food pantry would love to have them. I've also taken a boat-load of sample-sized products to the local HeadStart (government, low-income pre-school) center to donate for the families using the HeadStart program.
Maybe at a Homeless Shelter.
Any drug and Alcohol residential treatment facility. These people come straight off the street or from jail and live in Programs and they come with next to nothing. They would be very greatful to receive such products since they have no money and cant leave the programs. Most programs supply things while others do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment